Let’s Hear from our Peers

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Group of people on peak mountain climbing helping team work , travel trekking success business concept

With the year coming to a close, and seniors having left the building, what can you learn from them? Well, we didn’t just ask seniors, but students throughout multiple grades as well as teachers to tell us what it has been about Huntingtown that made them more successful. Or what they did in order to be as successful as they could. The answers were phenomenal and hopefully you can learn something from them.

“High school is when you find out who your true friends are, but don’t try to fit in with everyone else. There are lots of great teachers who are there to help you with anything, so don’t be afraid to ask for help.” – Heidi Torre

“Going to Huntingtown has been the three years of school for me. Huntingtown has taught me to be the best person I can be, on the soccer field, tennis court, classroom, and even in the community. All the teachers and staff are very supportive, and I couldn’t have had a better experience. The school also has the best group of students, all of whom support each other, and I couldn’t be happier to attend Huntingtown High School.” – Emma Cox

“Huntingtown is full of hard-working, well-rounded students who are driven to succeed. I’m proud to be a cane.” -Jenna Catlett

“I would say it’s a very loving community. Every staff member wants you to do well and will do everything they can to help you succeed, and even other students will be there for you.” – Clara Drummond

“Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.” – Emma Welch

“You’ll be your happiest if you just stop caring about what everyone else thinks of you. Focus on yourself and what makes you happy.” – Carly Proctor

“It’s a big school with a big heart. There are so many clubs that welcome you and teachers that support you. All the doors open for everyone.” – Allie Wick

“If I had any advice for track athletes, it would be that the apron is for cooking not for running in.” – Carson Kyle

“At Huntingtown there are so many amazing mentors throughout the school. If you ever need help on schoolwork or just need someone to talk to, you don’t have to look very far. The staff here at Huntingtown truly care about you and your well-being, and they want to see you succeed! That is one thing about the school that I love!” – Bella Cordero

“I think Huntingtown provides a wide variety of opportunities for students to explore their interests both academically and through clubs that explore career paths… the variety of clubs helps to draw students together that may not normally associate, building relationships which, in turn, helps to build a stronger school community. Huntingtown has always encouraged students to create new clubs that they feel would be fun, educational, and bring students together.” – Mr. Justin Koch

“Success is achieved by hard work and dedication that is put towards a goal. Keeping your eye on that goal is the key to achieving it in the future.” – Nick Novak

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Cole Chapman