Huntingtown Helps to Feed Hungry Students-and YOU Can Help, Too!!

You may not have known this, but many students get their only meals of the day in our lunchroom cafeteria.  With schools closed, these students face the prospect of going hungry unless we can help.  To help fill that void, the Calvert County Public School system is providing Grab N’ Go meals on Mondays and Wednesdays.  Families can go to Grab N’ Go stations in the parking lots at Calvert High School, Windy Hill Middle School, Southern Middle School and Patuxent High School.

Despite these stations, there is still a gap.  Over 1,000 kids can’t get to these Grab N’ Go stations.  So the county is partnering with the non–profit organization End Hunger to help.

To feed 1,000 kids at $10 per kid adds up to $10,000 each week.  End Hunger is not receiving any Federal or State funding so it is up to us as a community to unite together and care for them. As the school closures keep getting extended, End Hunger will keep feeding students. Donations can be given on Facebook and the EndHunger website. Each school is listed on the donation form to make sure we are able to cleanly track your donations!

And, as if you needed any more incentive to help, whatever school raises the most money gets a free school-wide Chick-fil-A party.  So go to the EndHunger website (endhungercalvert.org/campaigns/huntingtown) and be sure to donate on the Huntingtown button.