Basketball at HHS

Cameron Kapiskosky

Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be dribbling down the court, driving to the rim, in front of a crowd of people? Well then let me introduce you to the Huntingtown High School Basketball team. The Basketball team for the year is an incredible addition to our athletics program, just as every other team. They strive for the ability to achieve championship goals, however that may end with schools’ athletics shutting down. 

There is a lot of history behind the Huntingtown High School basketball team from the years I have been around high school but a successful history beyond that. With the coach for Huntingtowns Basketball team, Coach Jenifer who has given his athletes a lot of guidance and leadership and tries to lead them towards a successful season. There has been a successful season for the team so far with a lot of difficulties but in the end Huntingtown basketball has always prevailed at the top of the competition. 

The passion for the sport of basketball is shown within the student section and other forms of crowds within the student body. There is a lot of shown support for the sport and a lot of people seem to have a huge following around it. For every block, three pointers, dunk, layup the crowd gets active and ready to scream for the support of their team. 

Throughout the season this year, we have seen a lot from the team’s seniors and juniors this year, they have proved themselves outstanding as leaders on the court. The varsity team for this year’s basketball program has shown up as one of the best in the tri-country SMAC area. 

There is a high expectation of where the team is going to finish this year, it’s simply going to be a great and outstanding year for Huntingtown basketball, we seem to have a large following and support as well as a record to prove it so far. The leadership skills on and off the court are immeasurable by the team captains and coaches this year. We look to see a state title out of the team this year, so if you have not yet, make sure to see a Huntingtown high school basketball game, it will be as exciting as it sounds.